Our College Vision
St George College will provide a holistic education, where students can thrive, grow and serve their community with a worldview shaped by Hellenic culture and the Orthodox faith.
Our College Goals
Improving educational outcomes for all young Australians is central to the nation’s social and economic prosperity and will position young people to live fulfilling, productive and responsible lives. Our College has two distinct but interconnected goals drawn from the 2019 Alice Springs Education Declaration:
The Australian education system promotes excellence and equity.
All young Australians become: – Confident and creative individuals – Successful lifelong learners – Active and informed members of the community.
Our College Mission
St George College prepares and empowers young learners with the motivation for life-long learning; the willingness to serve others and to serve God’s world in the local and global community; the ability to work hard for success; and the development of good character.
The specific intentions of St George College are:
- To provide high quality education, focusing on academic rigour, excellence and achievement;
- To educate children in the Christian Orthodox faith;
- To educate children in the Modern Greek language;
- To provide learning for students in Hellenic culture, traditions and values so that Hellenic history and heritage may be celebrated, preserved and passed on to future generations;
- To provide a local independent co-educational primary school in the South Brisbane area; and
- To provide an educational opportunity tailored to cater for the holistic needs of the Greater Brisbane Community.
The College’s values are grounded in the Christian Orthodox faith. Our values below will guide our teaching and learning community:
View full values here.